This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Release criteria status
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Release criteria status
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:46:18 +0100 (CET)
- cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> What happened to the assignment issues with the work mentioned in
The contributor didn't want to involve his employer for the patches
he had developed privately (at home) and the FSF required that. It's
a pity, but we cannot use that work.
> Incidentally, I'll ask again - though related to non-installation
> documentation - is GCC 3.0 going to include a manual for the Java
> compiler? If not, could the Java folks (or someone) please at least fix
> the problem that "make dvi" still fails (other/567 [...]
AFAIS this has been fixed now.
> A couple of other documentation issues: I presume the FSF will be
> producing a new edition of the printed GCC manual once GCC 3.0 is out?
I don't know.
> Also, ISTR that there is a GNU proofreaders list; perhaps the GCC
> manuals could go to them at some point before the release?
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/