Re: Why not gnat Ada in gcc?

    Once again, is it really the case that the GNU project routinely
    prepares Redhat Linux and Suse Linux RPM's

Making RPMs is not part of a GNU maintainer's duties.  Our preferred
version of GNU/Linux is Debian, so we should give Debian developers
full cooperation, but we normally don't tell GNU package maintainers
that they themselves should make the Debian packages (though they can
do that job too if they want to).

However, Guerby's message suggested that there are other issues
involved, that this is not just a matter of making packages.

Anyway, would you please ask the people who make RPMs for the various
versions of GNU/Linux to please call their work "GNAT for GNU/Linux"?

PS. Please keep in mind that I transfer mail in batches once or twice
a day.  I am always responding to the mail that was sent to me between
24 and 48 hours ago.  So my response to any point you raise will
always be delayed; please don't interpret this delay as making any
assertion about the topic.