This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A sick idea - mmapped file output
- To: torvalds at transmeta dot com (Linus Torvalds)
- Subject: Re: A sick idea - mmapped file output
- From: Bourne-again Superuser <toor at dyson dot jdyson dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 22:49:13 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, zackw at stanford dot edu
Linus Torvalds said:
> Comparing the mmap() with a stdio-based approach is unfair. You should
> at least try with direct write() calls. If the common case is _really_
> short writes, you could go half-way, with a really simple buffering
> scheme rather than stdio (expose the buffer or similar).