This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: V3 and Integrated CPP [was Re: V3 PATCH: Disable wide-character tests where necessary]
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: V3 and Integrated CPP [was Re: V3 PATCH: Disable wide-character tests where necessary]
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot com>
- Date: 03 Nov 2000 11:04:44 -0800
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200011031738.eA3Hc0e16239@tantra.cygnus.co.uk>
Joern Rennecke <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > What do you (and others) think about not only keeping integrated CPP
> > as the default for V3, but this being mandatory?
> Would that mean that you couldn't use --save-temps any longer to get
> a preprocessed file, which you use later to feed to cc1?
> I consider this feature essential to do gcc debugging.
No, --save-temps works with integrated CPP, and generates a .i file
which is passed to cc1.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>