This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Why not gnat Ada in gcc?
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Why not gnat Ada in gcc?
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 19:53:18 -0800
- CC: law at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, rms at gnu dot org, rth at cygnus dot com
- References: <20001102033112.E5A9334DAF@nile.gnat.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:
>
> Incidentally, one thing that I do NOT think is addressed well enough in
> the GCC development process is performance issues. [...]
>
> I am surprised this is not more of a problem for others...
Ho ho, it's a big problem at Apple. Almost every day I get to hear
from users about how GCC sucks because it's 10-20x (thats x, not %)
slower than Metrowerks compiling the same code on the same machine.
Stan