Re: gcc warning

> The warning is already controlled by -pedantic, it's not activated by
> -Wall or on by default.  So I don't understand all the flag fuss. :-)

Then it's already right, I withdraw my fuss.  I misunderstood the original
report.  It's fine for -pedantic to warn about anything that might not
be compilable by a standard compiler.

> The issue, as I see it, is what to do >>when compiling C++ code<<.

If you're going to check the string length for standards conformance, you
should use the limit specified in the standard being checked against.