Re: gcc warning (g++ warning)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
>The warning is already controlled by -pedantic, it's not activated by
>-Wall or on by default.  So I don't understand all the flag fuss. :-)

This is probably my fault.  After reading so many bug reports, I should
have given more information.  I appologize for the confusion.

Yes, the warning came from g++ (not gcc) when compiling a C++ source file.
I also have "-ansi -pedantic -Wall" on the command line.  But I verified,
the warning does not appear if I take out -pedantic.  But still, should
this warning be generated given that I am compiling C++?  Given the
passage that Gaby qouted, I do not believe the warning was warranted, even
with -pedantic.  Well, maybe if I had exceeded 65536...

--jc
--
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching@flex.com     wh6brr@uhm.ampr.org