Re: gcc warning

Alexandre Oliva writes:
> Use shorter literal strings.

Right, but this begs the question of when this warning should be enabled:
by default, with -Wall, etc.

A user trying to check her program for maximum portability will
supply flags like -ansi -pedantic; in that case the warning should
be produced.  But I'm not sure that it should be produced by default
or even with -Wall.