Re: Newbie

Bill Wendling wrote:
> I've been lurking a bit and was wondering what's the best way to become
> involved in gcc development? I.e., where does one start? Are there
> projects which people are doing which need help?
goto the bug database, http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
pick a bug, try and fix it. You may well find Internal Compiler Error
(ICE) bugs easier to fix, rather than wierd bogus code generation ones.

If you find that GCC is failing on your own code, then try and
distill a testcase and see if you can fix GCC -- that's bound to give
you extra motivation!

nathan

--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'