C++ testsuite

   Dear gcc developers,

     I noticed that there isn't an official benchmark suite for C++,
   and thought I'd offer some of my codes for that purpose. Take a
   look at
     http://vlsicad.cs.ucla.edu/software/PDtools/
   and download tarballs from
     http://vlsicad.cs.ucla.edu/software/PDtools/tar.gz/

   There are over 100K lines of code there, all of which heavily
   relies on various STL components and defines several heavy templates
   on its own in run-time critical sections. It easily breakes Sun CC 5.0
   and, while working with CC5.1, requires very recent patches to Sun's ld.
   However, it works fine out-of-the-box on a Linux system with g++ 2.95.2
   (or 2.95.1).

   The code implements various leading-edge algorithms for Physical Design
   of VLSI circuits, and is currently being used at Intel, IBM, Cadence
   and several other companies (pretty much every single major EDA vendor
   and VLSI design house is in our Web logs, but I am not sure what exactly
   they are doing with the code;-).

   The code is distributed under a very liberal MIT (X Window) license.

						 Igor
--
   Igor Markov         (734) 936-7829       EECS 2211
   http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~imarkov