Re: GCC's statement expression extension

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 09:52:22AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> We should try to convince the glibc people that statement-expressions
> are bad, since they are the heaviest users of this hack.

There are quite a few in the Linux kernel as well.

In addition, glibc uses this extension for things that simply cannot be
done with inline functions.  See <tgmath.h>.  Note that the types of
these expressions are dependant on the types of the arguments.  This is
otherwise impossible in C.  Also note that these functions are defined
by C99 -- I suppose the committee was thinking that these would be
compiler builtins or something.

r~