Re: Build problems; Please help

Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>:
> * Phil Edwards (pedwards@disaster.jaj.com) [20000725 17:39]:
> > Errr... When I enable multilibs, bootstrap fails.  When I turn it off,
> > bootstrap works.  That's about all I know.  :-)
> >
> > I'm using sparc-sun-solaris2.8, and the last time I tried a bootstrap,
> > the build died somewhere in a 'po' directory.  Since I was concentrating
> > on something else at the time, I tracked it down to NLS and didn't look
> > any closer.
>
> Do you by chance still have the make log? I'd be really interested to track
> this down.

The .o's, but not the make log; sorry.

Like I said, it's been many days, so this may not be a /recent/ failure.
As soon as our firewall stops being uppity with me, I'll be getting a
fresh checkout.  And I will definitely try a bootstrap with NLS turned on,
and let you know how it goes.  (Even when multilibs works, we'll probably
leave NLS turned off to avoid overhead, just because the users here are
the kind that would be "actively disinterested" in it.)

Are there any particular config flags that you'd like tested in conjunction
with --enable-nls?

Phil