Re: ld on sparc-solaris: linkage order

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 06:22:35PM +0200, Volker Boerchers wrote:

> > I think gcc should take -mt on Solaris. Could you please send me a
> > simple testcase so that I can verify it on my Solaris?
>
> Hopefully the attached (trivial) test is sufficient. I can not provide a
> test program that crashes on solaris. - Our problems are not gone after
> changing the link order.

I need something which crashes to verify your suggestion does work. If it
doesn't crashes, how can I tell it makes a difference? In meetings
with linker/dynamic linker people from Sun, they have mentioned
what they had to do to get the multithreaded applications to work. I
had an impression that everything was done in the dynamic linker under
Solaris. Ulrich, do you remember what Bill and Michael said about how
Solaris initialized libpthread first? I think they use some hooks in
libc.so and ld.so for it.

H.J.