This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH/RFA : texinfo bootstrap failure
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH/RFA : texinfo bootstrap failure
- From: Philipp Thomas <pthomas at suse dot de>
- Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 06:35:18 +0200
- Cc: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- References: <ord7o2cu9c.fsf@zecarneiro.lsd.ic.unicamp.br> <4663.955283002@upchuck> <20000417020726.I21808@Jeffreys.suse.de> <or7ldxweuf.fsf@zecarneiro.lsd.ic.unicamp.br>
* Alexandre Oliva (aoliva@cygnus.com) [20000417 06:07]:
> Actually, it should be installed, just not updated (assuming that, if
> we stop shipping GCC with Texinfo, we're going to ship it with the
> .info files)
If we're going to do the latter, then I'd agree with you. I started from the
assumption that we'd only ship the texinfo sources.
I'd still argue for a prominent diagnostic telling the user what will/won't
happen.
Philipp
--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany