This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Email rejected by gcc list
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Subject: Re: Email rejected by gcc list
- From: Dima Volodin <dvv at dvv dot org>
- Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:43:24 -0500
- CC: pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, s_moshier at altavista dot com
- Organization: Huh?
- References: <200002072326.PAA13164@kankakee.wrs.com>
- Reply-To: dvv at egcs dot dvv dot org
Mike Stump wrote:
> > From: dvv@egcs.dvv.ru (Dima Volodin)
> > Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:36:31 GMT
>
> > My experience also shows that dropping ORBS altogether and employing
> > MAPS RSS only doesn't show any growth of spam traffic at all
>
> Your experience doesn't match mine.
>
> > I did that on a server I control (no relation to RR) about a month
> > ago
>
> A month ago? Man, is that a statistically insignificant amount of
> time. I drew my from about of years worth of experience on a well
> traded email address. I suspect your study is flawed because it was
> too short and because you didn't study a well known email address.
I've been trying to use ORBS on and off since its very beginning, I've
been using RBL almost since its very beginning, I have an active
blacklist of my own, and I have half a dozen of addresses pretty widely
circulated by spammers since at least the infamous _Internet White
Pages_, so let me assure you I know what I'm talking about. With ORBS you
have to be very careful and introduce a "white list" for your system not
to be a pain in the ass for its users. No such problem arises with RBL or
DUL or RSS.
Dima