This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
PATCH: lists.html (was: procmail FAQ fodder)
- To: Robert Lipe <robertlipe at usa dot net>
- Subject: PATCH: lists.html (was: procmail FAQ fodder)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:00:24 +0100 (MET)
- cc: GCC Discussion List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
[ Followup-To: gcc-patches ]
On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Robert Lipe wrote:
> The "how can I procmail these lists" Q is becoming FA. I can't get to
> the FOM or wwwdocs to commit or propose a precise patch, but here's
> starting text. I borrowed heavily from Jason Molenda's work.
I believe this is better suited for our lists.html, as I consider the FAQ
a kind of ``last resort'', if we don't have a more appropriate place where
to publish some information.
Based in your input -- Thanks! -- I installed the patch below.
Gerald
Index: lists.html
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/lists.html,v
retrieving revision 1.38
diff -c -3 -p -r1.38 lists.html
*** lists.html 2000/02/01 00:44:53 1.38
--- lists.html 2000/02/02 16:56:48
*************** who has said "I can't get off this list!
*** 132,137 ****
--- 132,153 ----
with enough prodding, that sending mail to the address listed in
<tt>List-Unsubscribe:</tt> does the trick.
+ <h2>Filtering</h2>
+
+ <p>If you want to use procmail or similar tools to process the GCC
+ mailing lists, you can filter using the Sender: header, as well as all
+ of the RFC2369 headers (List-Subscribe, List-Unsubscribe, List-Post,
+ List-Archive, etc.).</p>
+
+ <p>For example, the following procmail rule will sort all mail from
+ our lists into a single folder named INLIST.gcc:
+
+ <blockquote><code>
+ :0<br>
+ * ^Sender: gcc(-announce|-bugs|-patches)?-owner@gcc.gnu.org<br>
+ INLIST.gcc<br>
+ </code></blockquote>
+
<h2>Help</h2>
<p>For further information on using the lists, send a blank mail to