This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Local optimization on i386 ?
- To: Marc Espie <espie at quatramaran dot ens dot fr>
- Subject: Re: Local optimization on i386 ?
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:55:13 -0800
- Cc: law at cygnus dot com, egcs at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- References: <26996.943919594@upchuck> <199911301338.OAA04341@quatramaran.ens.fr>
On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 02:38:09PM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:
> So this looks like a misoptimization bug...
> Hum... I believe I could coerce gas into peep-holing that :)
> Isn't there a peep-hole pass or equivalent in gcc that could handle this ?
There is, but a complete solution to this problem is more
involved than this. One of these days...