Re: 2.95,2 bug; can not create cross compiler

Mike Stump <mrs@windriver.com> writes:

|> Sure, we all do!  But we through experience we already kew that
|> --with-headers is more than just a good idea, it is required.
|>
|> http://egcs.cygnus.com/install/configure.html has a note about this,
|> but it is obscure.  Maybe the phrase `THIS OPTION IS REQUIRED when
|> building a cross compiler' should be added?

I have already stated many times that this does not work because
$(gcc_tooldir) does not exist before the compiler is installed the first
time, thus the preprocessor will not see any of the files under
$(tooldir)/sys-includes.  This is a long standing bug that no one has
bothered to look at yet.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."