This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 2.95,2 bug; can not create cross compiler
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Subject: Re: 2.95,2 bug; can not create cross compiler
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: 23 Nov 1999 17:35:40 +0100
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,schweitz at nortelnetworks dot com
- References: <199911180217.SAA24654@kankakee.wrs.com>
Mike Stump <email@example.com> writes:
|> Sure, we all do! But we through experience we already kew that
|> --with-headers is more than just a good idea, it is required.
|> http://egcs.cygnus.com/install/configure.html has a note about this,
|> but it is obscure. Maybe the phrase `THIS OPTION IS REQUIRED when
|> building a cross compiler' should be added?
I have already stated many times that this does not work because
$(gcc_tooldir) does not exist before the compiler is installed the first
time, thus the preprocessor will not see any of the files under
$(tooldir)/sys-includes. This is a long standing bug that no one has
bothered to look at yet.
Andreas Schwab "And now for something
SuSE Labs completely different."
SuSE GmbH, Schanzäckerstr. 10, D-90443 Nürnberg