Re: May I propose an extension and ask how difficult this would be?

 > I am, of course, assuming that the reason that the throw ( type )
 > function/method qualifiers are already in the language is to perform
 > this sort of analysis, and I could be wrong about that.

That was the general idea.  g++ certainly could check that calls from a
function with a throw spec don't throw anything that would cause a call to
unexpected, but nobody has contributed the necessary code, and it's a low
priority.

FWIW, exception specifications are generally regarded in the committee as a
failed idea, and most people recommend that you not use them.

Jason