This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: May I propose an extension and ask how difficult this would be?
- To: "George T. Talbot" <george at moberg dot com>
- Subject: Re: May I propose an extension and ask how difficult this would be?
- From: Martin Dalecki <dalecki at cs dot net dot pl>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 23:29:37 +0100
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3835ACC3.1F265047@moberg.com>
"George T. Talbot" wrote:
> One of the things that make Java coding a bit easier than C++ is that if an
> exception is thrown in a Java method, then the exception must be caught or
> declared in the method/function declaration of any function calling a method
> which throws an exception.
> How hard would it be to extend the C++ compiler so that I could add
> "-fbe-pedantic-about-c++-exceptions" and get similar behavior? This might
> make debugging exception handling code far easier to deal with.