This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Old SCO support.
- To: Robert Lipe <robertlipe at usa dot net>
- Subject: Re: Old SCO support.
- From: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey at switchco dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:11:05 -0600
- CC: scherrey at proteus-tech dot com, egcs mailing list <egcs at egcs dot cygnus dot com>
- Organization: Proteus Technologies, Inc.
- References: <3835B226.D97BD15E@switchco.com> <19991119140636.T25563@rjlhome.sco.com>
- Reply-To: scherrey at proteus-tech dot com
Heh - I just privately emailed you as someone told me you were the
goto guy on this. I see that sco 3.2v5.0.5 is listed for support for
2.95 but was concerned that 2.1.2 wouldn't be up to the task and that
a egcs release would be necessary. I'm going to go ahead and attempt
with the latest and see what happens. I know I probably need the gnu
make but do I also need binutils and autoconf as well?
thanx & later,
Robert Lipe wrote:
> Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
> > Is anyone aware of whether or not gcc-2.95.2 builds/works under SCO
> > Unix 2.1.2?
> I don't know if 2.95.2 explictly was tested, but I'm pretty sure it works.
> The reality is that the UnixWare 2 target isn't very different than the
> UnixWare 7 target which has many users.
> > If not, what's the most recent version supported by this old release
> > of SCO?
> I believe that Rodney Brown tests this combination regularly. It should