This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Is 64-bit Sparc Solaris 7 support coming?
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Is 64-bit Sparc Solaris 7 support coming?
- From: Marco Manfai Yu <yumf at Ultimatech dot COM>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:34:45 -0800
- cc: yumf at iago dot ultimatech dot com
- Reply-To: yumf at Ultimatech dot COM
When our project started, I chose egcs 1.0 g++ on all our
supporting platforms (mainly sparc-solaris) because it has the best
C++ support. Now our project is handling bigger and bigger
workload. We need to move into 64-bit soon. Is 64-bit Sparc Solaris
in the works? Which version will this support appear?
We really don't want to spend the effort porting to Sun's C++
compiler (no STL hash table is a big hassle). So it is important for
us to have a rough idea on when 64-bit solaris support will come
Thank you for this great compiler.