From: Benjamin Kosnik [mailto:bkoz@cygnus.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 12:56 PM
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstd++ Memory leak under multithreaded application ?

I am aware of vague reports of problems with the default allocator and
MT-safe code.  This is one of the reasons that v-3 has __USE_MALLOC
defined.

put this in stl/bits/stl_config.h:

#     define __USE_MALLOC // As the "underlying allocator"

   (And then there were these examples proving things... well I
   do not have a simple test-case but I guess I could take the time to
   write one if it is desireable.)

If this is ever to be fixed, somebody will have to have a
testcase. Your efforts towards this end would be appreciated.

-Benjamin