This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Adding platform extensions?
- To: Dan Guisinger <danrg at mn dot mediaone dot net>
- Subject: Re: Adding platform extensions?
- From: Jamie Lokier <jamie dot lokier at cern dot ch>
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:43:13 +0100
- Cc: "'Mike Stump'" <mrs at windriver dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <199911160335.TAA15171@kankakee.wrs.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dan Guisinger wrote:
> One of the reason I don't think that C++ can do it on its own is that the
> structures store more than just a Vtbl, they have several SwCom specific
> data structures in front of it which are hidden to the programmer but exist
> to track the object, all interface instances, and other data that is related
> to upkeep of the SwCom subsys and integrety of the system.
I have a similar problem trying to get decent garbage collection...
> So, how about this:
> Is there a way where I can pull the size of a structure from a OBJ file, if
> the structure is not created statically?
> That is, if the structure is atleast defined, does its size get stored into
> the OBJ file so it can be externally referenced?
All the information should be available as debugging info. Just compile
with debugging on.