Re: Your patch to init.c

> Sure, but I don't really see write-after-approval as "special rights"; it's
> more of a convenience for the maintainers.  If frequent contributors can
> check in their own patches, I don't have to.

I certainly don't want to make your life more difficult.  So why not
just put any frequent contributor who you trust to run the CVS checkin
him/herself into MAINTAINERS and be done with it, mentioning what part
of the compiler they contribute to?  It's a one-line one-time thing.

There's a balance we're trying to create.  The last thing I want to do is
be a pain in the ass or make things harder, but the drift may well be to
let Cygnoids do the checkin themselves, and not do the same for
non-Cygnoids (since it's extra work to set up accounts) if we don't think
about such things.  Folks like Mark Mitchell, who compete with you in
providing paid compiler support for GCC, have a right to expect a level
playing field.