This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: reload performance drag?
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: reload performance drag?
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:30:40 -0800
- References: <199911121923.TAA07068@phal.cygnus.co.uk>
On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 07:23:35PM +0000, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> - use an sbitmap. That means 1/8th of the storage to clear, and the indexing
> is still fairly easy.
> - use a bitmap. Since there are typically very few output reloads (below 1
> on average I guess), and there is a small constant upper bound of how many
> we can gave, the linear search shouldn't hurt too much.
Either of these, with the second probably preferable.