This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The parallel make bug in gcc and gcc/cp
- To: briareos at lokigames dot com (Michael Vance)
- Subject: Re: The parallel make bug in gcc and gcc/cp
- From: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu)
- Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:04:38 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu), law at cygnus dot com, egcs at egcs dot cygnus dot com,egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
> On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 06:50:45AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > > Did you ever get any feedback from the person that submitted the bug report
> > > on this patch?
> > >
> > > jeff
> > No.
> I didn't actually submit the bug report, just mentioned that it
> happenned to me also. I saw your message about it being 'obviously
> wrong', but if there are other suggestions, let me know.
> The problem still persists.
Please try this patch on the top of my previous patch. I don't see any
reason to compile those parts of libgcc which do not belong to
$(BOOT_LANGUAGES) for stage 1. With this patch, we may be able to
further simplify the C++ Makefile.
H.J. Lu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wed Nov 10 08:52:17 1999 H.J. Lu <email@example.com>
* Makefile.in (bootstrap): Unset LANG_LIB2FUNCS for stage 1.
--- gcc/Makefile.in.orig Wed Nov 10 08:49:47 1999
+++ gcc/Makefile.in Wed Nov 10 08:51:23 1999
@@ -2949,7 +2949,7 @@ bootstrap bootstrap-lean: force
# Only build the C compiler for stage1, because that is the only one that
# we can guarantee will build with the native compiler, and also it is the
# only thing useful for building stage2.
- $(MAKE) CC="$(CC)" libdir=$(libdir) LANGUAGES="$(BOOT_LANGUAGES)"
+ $(MAKE) CC="$(CC)" libdir=$(libdir) LANGUAGES="$(BOOT_LANGUAGES)" LANG_LIB2FUNCS=
# This used to define ALLOCA as empty, but that would lead to bad results
# for a subsequent `make install' since that would not have ALLOCA empty.