This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The parallel make bug in gcc and gcc/cp
- To: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu)
- Subject: Re: The parallel make bug in gcc and gcc/cp
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 01:49:28 -0700
- cc: briareos at lokigames dot com (Michael Vance), egcs at egcs dot cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <19991028152343.CF7DD1B493@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
> > On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 11:02:07PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > > There is a parallel make bug in gcc and gcc/cp. The problem is
> > Currently, when I do 'make MAKE="make -j4" -j4 bootstrap' with CVS, I
> > get a failure along the lines of "unrecognized object type". I assume
> I got similar error, but not every time.
> > this is because I'm going too fast somewhere... I have a dual P3/450
> > workstation with 256mb RAM. If I build with -j2 gcc builds fine.
> Could you please try this patch?
> H.J. Lu (email@example.com)
> Thu Oct 28 08:21:13 1999 H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * Make-lang.in (cplib2.ready): Also depend on cc1plus$(exeext).
There's no way this can be correct.
libgcc2.a depends on cc1plus$(exeext) *unconditionally* via this dependency
That would cause the stage1 build to try and build cc1plus, which is wrong.