This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: big slowdown in egcs-1.1.2->gcc-2.95 on alpha
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: big slowdown in egcs-1.1.2->gcc-2.95 on alpha
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 17:02:59 -0700
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
[ Note, highly trimmed cc line. We don't need to give everyone 3 copies
of this ;-)]
In message <199911082334.XAA19153@phal.cygnus.co.uk>you write:
> > ~8% off my testcase.
> Do you have any profile data for that?
With that last change from you global's time isn't worth optimizing anymore
for my testcase. It sits around 6% of the total time, most of that
is spent in reload.
6% may sound high, but it isn't for this file. cse1+cse2 weigh in at
60% of the total compilation time followed by dbranch and gcse at 14% each
after all the recent work + one lcm.c patch Andrew and I have been working on.