This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: salmena at mail dot cosapidata dot com dot pe
- Subject: Re: GCC
- From: "Martin v. Loewis" <martin at mira dot isdn dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 23:22:57 +0100
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, salmena at mail dot cosapidata dot com dot pe
- References: <199911061325.IAA11754@wm.cosapidata.com.pe>
> My question is that if I download the source
> GCC.2.95.2.tar.gz or GCC.2.95.2.tar.bz2, what
> extra files will I need? (e.g. make)
On a typical Linux system, you probably have everything you need. Here
is a (potentially incomplete) list:
- a C compiler (would be gcc)
- assembler, linker (i.e. binutils)
- C library header files, C library
- ln, etc (i.e. fileutils)
> What kernel too?
The kernel version is not relevant for GCC, gcc uses only C library
calls (which should know how to invoke the kernel).