Re: Dynamic linking on AIX??

>>>>> chun fong writes:

chun> I have AIX 4.3.2 running on IBM RS/6000
chun> using egcs 2.95.1 gnu compiler.
chun> how do I enable dynamic linking on AIX??
chun> It seems like static linking is default.

	GCC links libraries dynamically by default.  What you probably are
seeing is that you are linking against traditional object archives instead
of shared objects.  Most AIX libraries actually contain a single or a few
shared objects (AIX shared libraries have a different appearance than the
".so" shared object style).  As with SVR4/ELF system, unless one
explicitly creates a shared object, the library contains object files
which are linked statically.

Regards, David
David Edelsohn                                      T.J. Watson Research Center
dje@watson.ibm.com                                  P.O. Box 218
+1 914 945 4364 (TL 862)                            Yorktown Heights, NY 10598