This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: big slowdown in egcs-1.1.2->gcc-2.95 on alpha
- To: meissner at cygnus dot com (Michael Meissner)
- Subject: Re: big slowdown in egcs-1.1.2->gcc-2.95 on alpha
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:32:22 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: deweese at kodak dot com, amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> If they are really large and sparse, bitmaps might be more effective than
> sbitmaps (assuming you use the EXECUTE_ macro in bitmaps).
The trouble with bitmaps, at least in their current implementation, is that
they use linear search.