This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: big slowdown in egcs-1.1.2->gcc-2.95 on alpha
- To: deweese at kodak dot com (Thomas E Deweese)
- Subject: Re: big slowdown in egcs-1.1.2->gcc-2.95 on alpha
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:19:42 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> I'm not 100% certain of the density of 1's in the bit fields
> but my impression is that they are fairly sparse (I'm guessing,
> especially in the 'conflicts' case). In which case I would suggest at
> least putting a check on any bits being set in 'word_' around the
> inner for loop.
I think that typically the 1's will come in bursts, with wide stretches
Note that the inner loop will will terminate as soon as word is zero.