This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: big slowdown in egcs-1.1.2->gcc-2.95 on alpha
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: big slowdown in egcs-1.1.2->gcc-2.95 on alpha
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 17:19:48 -0800
- Cc: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, staff at math dot purdue dot edu, hosking at cs dot purdue dot edu, wilker at math dot purdue dot edu, bernds at cygnus dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <199908071527.KAA01084@polya.math.purdue.edu> <199911040629.GAA31518@phal.cygnus.co.uk>
On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 06:29:25AM +0000, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> ! if (word & 1 && allocno_to_order[allocno3] > i)
Parenthesis problem around the `&'.
Also fix the commentary for `conflicts' where it says that
the matrix is asymmetric.
Otherwise the patch looks good, and does make an enormous difference.
Time spent in global for Wilhelm Kloke's test case is down from 1687
seconds to 93 seconds.
Feel free to commit after fixing nits. Thanks!