This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ 1997 Standard
- To: Dempelis Nikolaos <dempelis at ceid dot upatras dot gr>
- Subject: Re: C++ 1997 Standard
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 10:13:05 +0000
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3821441E.1CAF8FFA@ceid.upatras.gr>
- Reply-To: nathan at compsci dot bristol dot ac dot uk
Dempelis Nikolaos wrote:
> Which version of gcc / g++ supports the 1997 c++ standard (eg.
> namespaces, #include <iostream> instead of <iostream.h> )
gcc-2.95 is the closest release of gcc to the standard.
g++ does implement a lot of the language, but there are some
commonly reported missing parts (http://egcs.cygnus.com/bugs.html).
I don't believe any existing compiler implements the whole
language -- yet. Naturally we intend to cover the whole language,
as time & volunteers permit.
Dr Nathan Sidwell :: Computer Science Department :: Bristol University
I have seen the death of PhotoShop -- it is called GIMP
email@example.com http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~nathan/ firstname.lastname@example.org