This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ongoing problems with resource.c changes
- To: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Ongoing problems with resource.c changes
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 22:46:24 -0800
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <19991101194214.A31754@cygnus.com> <6806.941516418@upchuck>
On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 09:20:18PM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> The problem is reorg calls redirect_jump. If in the process of redirecting
> a jump we may delete code. Both actions (redirecting the jump & deleting
> code) can make the cfg data inaccurate.
Oh shit, we're screwed.
Any suggestions? I don't wanna rewrite reorg to do the right
thing just now -- I just want to get the tree stable again.
I could back out the changes from the last day or three and try
and figure out why we discovered the wrong block... Or just
disable peephole2 entirely for the nonce.