This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: reorg vs flow, the saga continues
- To: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: reorg vs flow, the saga continues
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:17:49 -0800
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <19991101125956.B613@cygnus.com> <6451.941511805@upchuck>
On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 08:03:25PM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> One of the problems (of course) is that reorg's actions can create new
> blocks, move insns between blocks, etc. Ugh. I think we've opened a major
> rats nest here and I'm really wondering if we're just going to end up
> band-aiding this over and over.
Oh god. Well, you might start with Jan's "resource.c improvement" patch;
it looks like the right thing. Dunno what'll happen with new blocks.