This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Invalid RS6000 assemble produced by gcc version 2.95 19990712 (prerelease)



re: rs6000/aix 4.2/egcs/gcc version 2.95 19990712 (prerelease)

I have code that compiles happily until I switch on -mminimal-toc

I'm using binutils 2.9 - should I be using a different version with the
snapshot?

Thanks.

errors follow:

$ as -u -mppc -o tsi_shared_memory.o tsi_shared_memory.s
tsi_shared_memory.s: Assembler messages:
tsi_shared_memory.s:258: Error: unsupported relocation type
tsi_shared_memory.s:261: Error: unsupported relocation type
tsi_shared_memory.s:267: Error: unsupported relocation type

254     li 5,0
255     bl .shmget
256     cror 31,31,31
257     mr 0,3
258     lwz 9,LC..0(30)
259     stw 0,0(9)
260     .line   8
261     lwz 9,LC..0(30)
262     lwz 0,0(9)
263     li 9,-1
264     cmpw 0,0,9
265     bc 4,2,L..3
266     .line   11
267     lwz 9,LC..1(30)
268     lwz 0,0(9)
269     cmpwi 0,0,2
270     bc 4,2,L..3

-- 
Kit Smithers


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]