Re: EGCS web pages

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, David Mazieres wrote:
> Hi.  Since you just announced yourself as the new EGCS web person, I
> would like to make a small request.
>
> The mailing list archives currently include the literal text of
> messages mailed in.  That means, in particular, that messages
> containing '<' and '>' characters do not display right on web
> browsers.
>
> For people insterested in reading egcs bug reports and comments about
> templates, this is a serious problem, as people mail in template code
> full of '<' and '>' characters, and major chunks of these messages
> fail to show up on the web browser.
>
> Could you possibly filter archived mailing list messages to contain
> codes like &lt; and &gt; instead of the literal characters.  This
> would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Actually I'm not the one responsible for the mailing list archives,
but -- as you see -- I'm now forwarding it to those you are.

Personally I fully agree. -- Jason M., Jeff, what's the status
of replacing hypermail with something better, like MHonArc
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/mhonarc.html ?

Gerald

PS: Sorry for the late reply, I've been on holidays last week, just
    clearing those large piles now...
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/