This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
New features of old-dejagnu.exp
- To: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: New features of old-dejagnu.exp
- From: Alexandre Oliva <oliva at dcc dot unicamp dot br>
- Date: 27 Oct 1998 20:14:58 -200
Hi!
Mike Stump reminded me that I should have made more alard :-) about
the new features I have introduced in old-dejagnu.exp, used for the C++
testsuite. The new features allow:
- separate steps of compilation and linking, so that -frepo can be
tested. The magic is to add:
// Build then link:
to the source file. You'll probably also want:
// Special g++ Options: -frepo
- Allow several sources to be compiled at a time, so that linker
problems and cross-translation-unit bugs can be detected. The magic
is to add:
// Additional sources: foo.cc bar.cc
to the main (.C) testcase. I admit it is a very dirty hack, and it
should probably be reimplemented in the future so as to allow // ERROR
directives in the additional sources and such.
Enjoy!
--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:oliva@gnu.org mailto:aoliva@acm.org
http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva
Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil