This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: i686-pc-sco3.2v5.0.4-gcc can't find cpp


On Tue, Oct 20, 1998 at 09:37:47AM +1000, Gary Ashton-Jones wrote:
> I followed the README for egcs-1.1b and ran './configure', 'make' and
> then 'make install'. All seemed OK but when I started to compile mySQL I
> got an error abort and when I checked the log I found this:
> 
> configure:3877: gcc -belf -o conftest -O3 -g -O2 -DDBUG_OFF   conftest.c
The problem is the -belf flag. Remove it and all your troubles will go away.
EGCS does elf by default, but even if it didnt and you wanted to force ELF
mode, the flag is -melf, not -belf. That is a left-over from Robert Lipe's
GDS for SCO, whose aim it was to emulate the SCO C COmpiler flags. I chose
to use -melf instead of -belf to be more consistent with the GCC command
line flags.

-- 
J. Kean Johnston  | "Every day, computers are making people easier
Engineer, SPG     |  to use" -- Source unknown.
Santa Cruz, CA    +----------------------------------------------------------
Tel: 831-427-7569    Fax: 831-429-1887    E-mail: jkj@sco.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]