This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: i686-pc-sco3.2v5.0.4-gcc can't find cpp


>>>>> Gary Ashton-Jones writes:

Gary> All seemed OK but when I started to compile mySQL I
Gary> got an error abort and when I checked the log I found this:

Gary> configure:3877: gcc -belf -o conftest -O3 -g -O2 -DDBUG_OFF   conftest.c
Gary> -lm  -lcrypt -lgen  -lgthreads -lsocket -lgthreads 1>&5
Gary> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or directory
Gary> gcc: file path prefix `/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/elf/egcs-2.91.57/' never
Gary> used

Gary> How do I make gcc look in the correct directory? (Is this a mySQL
Gary> problem or a gcc problem?)

	This is a mySQL problem.  mySQL is assuming a different compiler
to whom the -belf option means something different.  Through the -belf
option, mySQL is overriding where GCC should look for files like cpp and
libgcc.a. 

David



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]