This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Egcs Web Pages (Maintainer)
- To: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Egcs Web Pages (Maintainer)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 22:17:13 +0200 (MET DST)
- cc: Marc Lehmann <pcg at goof dot com>, Jason Molenda <jsm at cygnus dot com>
Dear EGCS Developers,
this is to introduce myself as the ``new'' web pages maintainer and
to apologize that I have not been more active during those three weeks
since I assumed maintainership.
For personal reasons -- among others, I essantially had to fill out two
full-time positions during that period -- I was practically blocked from
doing real work on egcs, and I will be basically offline next week, but
then I expect to have significantly more time available.
Here a short list, of what I expect to be me first projects:
o Take some load away from Jeff.
o Improve the FAQ. Move away obsolete entries to a separate page.
o Improve appearance (colors? News items probably should become more
central again;...)
o Introduce navigation.
o Make some stuff (page footers) more automatic, yet easy to use.
I.e., all/most of these changes should not require any additional
skills for contributors, most of that should be performed ``behind
the scenes''.
We (i.e., Marc Lehmann and myself) agreed that probably the best
way to handle that (and more ;-) ) is to use some macro processing
tools and I have suggested to employ MetaHTML.
More later, hints welcome...
Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/