This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: static egcs build



File this one under try before you post... 

egcs#  env LDFLAGS=-static make

creates static executables just fine...  The reason I'm doing this is 
because I'm playing with glibc and don't want to suddenly lose the ability 
to compile :)

Nils.


In message <199809231833.OAA16753@typhoon.icd.teradyne.com>, "Nils Lohner" 
writ
es:
>
>I'm trying to build the compiler statically, but can't figure out how to 
get
>it to recognize the -static LDFLAG.  I tried the following (on most other 
>packages I've tried it works...):
>
>egcs# env LDFLAGS=-static ../configure --prefix=/usr --host=sparc-sun-linux
>
>but the flag doesn't make it into the individual makefiles.  Any 
suggestions?
>
>Thanks, Nils.
>



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]