This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: Use egcs1.0.3 to build gcc2


> 
> 
> I have egcs-1.0.3 which is included in Linux Slackware3.5 on my PC, to build gcc-2.7.2. I got error message when I tried to build the compiler(first time, type in 'make LANGUAGE=c'). The error was happened during link stage, and it seemed to me that a program called "collect2" complained. I have two questions:
> 
> 1. can I use egcs to install gcc2 package? how?
> 
> 2.  how do I get rid of this "collect2"? can I set some envirnoment variable to disconnect "collect2" with g++?
> 
>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
I don't like Slacckware. They do some weird things to installation.
As far as I know, Slacckware is broken when compiler is concerned.


H.J.
> 


-- 
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]