This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- To: jfc at mit dot edu, bothner at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal
- From: N8TM at aol dot com
- Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 22:33:46 EDT
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
In a message dated 9/19/98 1:32:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jfc@mit.edu
writes:
> This means, for example, using ANSI string functions and prototypes
> unconditionally.
I certainly have my personal doubts whether we want to test everything e.g. in
libf2c with pre-ansi compilers, and these unused historical branches make it
messy to read. OTOH:
I just fell back on bootstrapping egcs from the HP non-ANSI compiler, and it
still works. I had lost several days trying to repeat a bootstrap using the
expensive HP C compiler, which seems to have broken on my installation. So I
appreciate the lowest common denominator compatibility for bootstrapping.