This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
egcs-1.1b (i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1): no ld?
- To: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: egcs-1.1b (i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1): no ld?
- From: Jim Knoble <jmknoble at pobox dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 03:11:27 -0400
- Organization: Knoble's Fine Foods
- Reply-To: Jim Knoble <jmknoble at pobox dot com>
[I'm not subscribed to the list; please Cc me on replies. Thanks.]
I've just been attempting to build egcs-1.1b on an
i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1 system (Red Hat Linux 4.2 with current errata
plus other fun stuff), and i'm coming up with a discrepancy between
egcs-1.1b and egcs-1.0.3a which i'm not able to resolve with the NEWS
and ChangeLog files, the FAQ, or the mailing list archives.
egcs-1.0.3a installed an `ld' binary as
.../gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1/egcs-2.90.29/ld. egcs-1.1b doesn't
appear to install a corresponding ld binary. I built egcs-1.1b using:
../egcs-1.1b/configure --prefix=/usr \
--program-transform-name='s~gcc~egcs~g' \
--enable-shared
make bootstrap CFLAGS="-O2 -mpentium -fno-strength-reduce"
Am i missing something? Did `collect2' replace `ld' in the
.../egcs-2.91.57/ directory? If not, do i need the ld binary?
Thanks for any help.
--jim
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% jmknoble@pobox.com %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%