This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: Sample directory structure




  > HP tar won't accept input from gunzip; you must make an unzipped
  > copy of each tarball and untar it.
Huh?  There's nothing special about either gunzip or tar.  I've fed
gunzip output to HP's tar for years.

  > The original hpux10 sed was broken; this can be cured with HP patches or with
  > gnu sed.  As others pointed out, the patch info on the web page has been
  > allowed to become out-dated.
I updated the web page a few days ago.

  > " 2.  Are the libraries and .o files generated by egcs at all compatible 
  > with the ones generated with HP's C compiler?  I have a 3rd-party 
  > program that will dynamically link in user-written code, and I was 
  > wondering if I could use it with code compiled with egcs."
  > 
  > I expect this would require you to leave out the --with-gnu-as
  > option, so you wouldn't be able to use gdb.  Get the vendor to
  > let you use a gnu-compatible version.
No.  gas will emit objects compatible with other 3rd party tools.  The
only area folks should run into trouble is trying to link code produced
by G++ with code produced HP's C++ compilers.  That does not work and
is not likley to work in the near future.

jeff


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]