This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Egcs-1.1a fails to build as a cross-compiler
- To: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Egcs-1.1a fails to build as a cross-compiler
- From: Jussi Ylanen <jethro at students dot cc dot tut dot fi>
- Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:40:28 +0300 (EET DST)
Trying to build egcs-1.1a on a Linux libc5 system as a cross-compiler
for a h8300-hms target, I get:
test x"no" != xyes || \
/home/jethro/h8300-hms-build/h8300-hms-toolchain-build/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/jethro/h8300-hms-build/h8300-hms-toolchain-build/gcc/ -c
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I. -I../../../h8300-hms-toolchain/libiberty/../include
../../../h8300-hms-toolchain/libiberty/choose-temp.c -o pic/choose-temp.o
/home/jethro/h8300-hms-build/h8300-hms-toolchain-build/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/jethro/h8300-hms-build/h8300-hms-toolchain-build/gcc/ -c
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I. -I../../../h8300-hms-toolchain/libiberty/../include
../../../h8300-hms-toolchain/libiberty/choose-temp.c
../../../h8300-hms-toolchain/libiberty/choose-temp.c:50: stdio.h: No such file
or directory
make[2]: *** [choose-temp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/jethro/h8300-hms-build/h8300-hms-toolchain-build/h8300-hms/libiberty'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libiberty] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/jethro/h8300-hms-build/h8300-hms-toolchain-build'
make: *** [cross] Error 2
Egcs was configured with:
"--prefix=/home/jethro/h8300-hms --target=h8300-hms --with-newlib"
I first tried building and installing binutils-2.9.1 before egcs. When that
didn't work I tried the one pass build described in the crossgcc FAQ. Both of
the methods failed at the same point.
The header file needed by choose-temp.c is not available because newlib has
not been built or installed yet.
Any help is appreciated.
--
Jussi Ylanen