This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: pre egcs-1.1 testing and Linux 2.1.x


   Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 20:48:51 +0200
   From: "Stephen R. van den Berg" <srb@cuci.nl>

   Given all the positive feedback, I'm thinking about getting back in
   the game again and dig out my gcc patches to try and see how much
   of it can be carried over to egcs.

Please do, you'll find that working with the egcs team compared to
working with Kenner is like night and day.

For example, I would have never written my Sparc backend rewrite and I
would not be working on a completely new register allocator right now
if Kenner was still in any way involved in gcc's main development.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]